The best shoes... ever

And now for something completely different.

I would like to tell the world that Chuck Taylors are the best shoes... ever.

I'm not the only one to think so either. Trusty Wikipedia says that they are the most popular shoe in history.

The shoes were first produced in 1917 as the "All-Star," Converse's attempt to capture the basketball shoe market. They were not particularly popular until basketball player Chuck Taylor adopted them as his preferred shoe. He was impressed with the design so he became the shoe's leading salesman.

Ok, that's enough about Chuck, back to me...

Having gone through a few cheap imitations over the years, I forked out a few extra dollars and bought my first ever pair of All-Stars about this time last year.

I have worn them almost every day without fail, and can honestly say that they are the most hard-wearing shoes I have ever owned. Not only are they durable, but also incredibly versatile . I have worn them with suits, shorts, jeans, and even my PJ's when going to get firewood on these frosty mornings. They compliment every style!

Who needs any other shoes I ask myself? If it weren't for having to wear dress-shoes on the odd occasion, I would only ever have one type of shoe.

All occasions, all locations... Chuck Taylors rock!

7 comments:

Rachel Kate said...

i agree! cept i love my $9.99 shoe warehouse ones. I would wear them everyday too if they didn't take so long to lace up...

kristy said...

What a cute you tube clip! I think your chucks are pretty cool too!

lesmondj said...

I remember trying some on, felt uncomfortable (no cusioning soul). Maybe i'm not cool enough...i mean i never had a canvas bag either!

Fifi said...

Mandy, I finally found something that we 100% agree on! Chuck Taylors are the business! I have had mine for years, and I would wear them with a dress if it didn't look horrible and eccentric like! When do we get to see the 'retro' chucks you were after?
Long live the chucks!!!!

Symon said...

Who's Mandy?

Fifi said...

It seems you are suffering from a bad case of denial. :)

kristy said...

Thanks for buying me my chucks :)