Mr. Mum

I take my hat off to every stay-at-home mother out there. You girls are legends!

Paisley Jade (that's my wife) has been in bed with a very bad flu for the last few days, so I've taken a few sick days to cover for her. We have four kids, who need fequent feeding, washing, and cleaning up after... especially our youngest, so it's pretty much a full time job making sure she doesn't get herself killed (she's an 18-month old adrenaline junkie). So I've been cooking, cleaning, bathing, feeding, nappy-changing, clothes-folding, book-reading, dish-washing, medicine-giving, chauffeur-driving, play-fighting, discipline-giving, room-tidying, grocery-shopping, and being a nurse for DW.

I will say it again, stay-at-home mums are legends! Definately the most under-appreciated job in the world.

DW... I appreciate you so much... Get well soon! The small amount of sanity I have left is quickly depleating.

8 comments:

Neen said...

Yes I totally agree. I babysat 4 girls over the weekend and the two year old nearly skinned me alive!!!

Symon said...

Do you still want heaps of kids, Neen?

jacksta said...

Dude now you'll totally be sweet next month now you've had a practice test run

kristy said...

I am alot more at peace about going to Sistas now!

Fifi said...

Go Symon!

Rachel Kate said...

way to go symz :) kristy - get better!

Neen said...

Yes I still want heaps of kids. I guess one reckons that it will always be different when they're your own. (Why do I hear people laughing at me all over the world?)

Rachel Kate said...

they'r not laughing at u neen, they'r laughing WITH you (wipes smirk off face)