My Chucks: old and new

Some of my friends write deep-meaningful-daily-devotional-awe-inspiring posts. I write about stuff like sneakers.

Chuck Taylors are undeniably the best shoes in the world.

My first pair (classic black low-cuts), have been attached to my feet almost every day for a year. I bought them on special for $39 at the Warehouse. As I need to feed 6 mouths, and pay off a mortgage on one wage, $40 is about my limit when it comes to splashing out on footwear.

Alas, in recent weeks my trusty 'Chucks' (as I affectionaly call them) have started to look tired. So, I have been praying for a new pair...

Last week, I found some amazing brand new Chucks on Trademe (had just been listed), for 'Buy Now' of $40, with free shipping! Beige and black double upper/double tongue high tops... yeeharrr! God is good, and really does care about the little things like sneaker preference ;-).

This morning, the package arrived at my door. I was absolutely stoked, until I discovered they were 10's instead of 11's. A friend of mine told me to go on a foot diet, or wear stockings. The first suggestion is impossible (as far as I know), the second is just plain wrong... It did give me an idea though. I 'borrowed' a pair of my wife's thin socks (instead of my usual thick woolly ones), and they've done the trick!

Chucks Rock with a capital R! (The following commercial proves it...)

7 comments:

Jase said...

well you're definitely seeing fruit from preaching on influence...how many people in flame now own a pair of chucks??? We all love you Sym!

lesmondj said...

I wonder how they'd go on the squash court??

Symon said...

Jase... you got everyone wearing Vans man

Fifi said...

THOSE CHUCKS ARE AWESOME!!!!Your friend really sounds like she knows what she's talking about :) ! Glad you tried the thin socks. You wanna be in the fashion show on friday??

Neen said...

Chucks - are they actually short for Chuckups? I'm sorry, your new pair is great and all, but I just don't get the craze.

Symon said...

Not a craze neen, a preference, like guitar-pick thickness, and coffee choice. CHUCK-UPs... that's a low blow.

Fifi said...

On behalf of Nina I apologise for that obscene outburst against Chuck Taylor's best ever creation..we can only hope that the Chuck Taylor enterprise doesn't sue for deformation of charactor.Here at Dowlman incorporated we , again, express our deepest apologies.