My top 5 childhood crushes

In May I reminisced about my childhood heroes... today you get to read about my top five childhood crushes (lucky you).

5. The Abba girls

I confess my very first childhood crush was on Agnetha and Anni-frid. My siblings were all teenagers when Abba-mania came to the Drake household (late 70s). I was four years old. Ahhhh young love.

4. Daisy Duke

I'm sure EVERY boy alive during the Dukes of Hazzard television series (1979-1985), had a crush on Daisy.

3. Wonder Woman

Who can forget the lasso throwing, bad-guy thumping Wonder Woman (1976-1979)? I guess she was everything a five-year old wanted in a lady.

2. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Organa made it to number two. She was definately a woman who could take care of herself. I bet Han Solo camped in the lounge a lot.

1. Wilma Deering

Coming in at number one (none of the others come close) is definately the lovely Wilma Deering from 'Buck Rogers in the 25th Century' (1979-1981). I know I'm not the only guy who had a crush on Wilma growing up (right Lesmond J?).

It's amazing how the seductiveness and the tight body suits of the 70's didn't even register in my young mind. The age of innocence was great. Looking back, I think the most attractive aspect about them was that most of them were in cool TV programmes/movies with lots of action and explosions and guns.

Well, almost 3 decades later, I am a very happily married man, and have an incredible wife! How does DW compare to my childhood crushes? DW blows them all away. She's real too... not a creation of TV land!

11 comments:

Jase said...

Symon you legend! To be honest I wouldn't have a clue really who any of them are...lol

Rachel Kate said...

you should get kristy to do one for her childhood crushes tehehe

Jon Dylan said...

Who the!!??!?

Symon said...

Different generation Jon, different generation...

Stephen (aka Steven) said...

Wow i recognized one of those people from the remake when i was about 5. The rest are a mystery...

lesmondj said...

Nice one Mandrake. I'd have to agree, all except for Priness Leia. I'd have to replace her for one of those girls off Facts of Life (not tootie either!) Ahh the innocence of it all...where has it gone?

Jon Dylan said...

No kidding!

kristy said...

Definately will be seeing some of my childhood crushes soon rachel!

Rachel Kate said...

can't wait kristy! Will macguyver be on there? :)

Fifi said...

This is a very inspiring blog!
It is clear that KRISTY JADE is the best...see how you waited for the 'right one' ?! Good onya Symon.

Neen said...

Interesting...