Retro TV: The Lost Islands

Back in the days when I actually went fishing, my buddy Lesmond J. and I would spend hours reminiscing about the TV shows we used to watch as kids growing up in the late 70's and 80's. Ahh, the good old days... fishing, while talking about the good older days [cue to wipe tear from eye now].

During one of those fish mishes we would have spent a good half-hour talking, laughing, reminiscing, quizzing each other with useless trivia about, and singing the theme song (well, trying to sing the parts we remembered anyway) to the classic kid's after-school show 'The Lost Islands'. Now anyone under 34 won't have a clue what I'm talking about. Those in their mid-late 30's will probably have a small smile on their face right about now as the song comes back to them. I loved the theme tune... it told a whole story, a haunting story. What a classic series! I hid behind the sofa on more than one occasion as I watched the show. It was riveting back in the day, when kids television shows taught morals, respect, and self-sacrifice.

Now, thanks to Youtube, for your reminiscing pleasure, in its original magicalness, is the opening credits to 'The Lost Islands'... The first of many retro TV posts.

3 comments:

kristy said...

Too young to remember that... why bother watching the series I say - the opening theme song just about tells you it all! Love the flute :)

lesmondj said...

Favourite character...Jeremiah Quizzel (legend)

Jason said...

Symon Drake! You never cease to amaze me. Glad you're back in the land of the living