Botox is the answer

My left eyelid has been twitching on and off for the last 6 months. They say that coffee can cause it, so I was looking forward to the positive effects of becoming decaffeinated. Alas, lately the twitching has returned.

After a bit of googling, I discover that Botox may be the answer. From the Medical encyclopedia...

Eyelid twitching usually disappears without treatment. In the meantime, the following steps may help:
- Get more sleep.
- Drink less caffeine.
- Lubricate your eyes with eye drops.
If twitching is severe, small injections of Botox can temporarily cure the spasms.

Me, getting Botox? I don't think so. Botox scares me. It should scare you too. It is astounding what people are prepared to do (and spend) in the name of vanity - implants, nips, tucks, sucks... and of course Botox.

Botox is essentially a poison (the name is short for botulinum toxin) which is injected into your muscles causing temporary paralysis (why not drape a box-jellyfish over your forehead?). Does Botox lessen wrinkles? Yep. Does it make you look permanently surprised? Yep.

It now appears that Botox can be very harmful to your health (duh). In the US alone, there have been 16 fatalities relating to Botox injections.

Do you want to know my secret for looking young? Get close to God, take your eyes off yourself, hang out with young people, and wear Chuck Taylors. Do I want to look young all my life? No. I want to be an authentic-looking granddad one day, not a plastic fantastic. I want to look like Kenny Rogers did in the old days ;-)

So, from eye twitches, to cosmetic surgery, to Kenny Rogers, all in a day's post... Have a great day!

3 comments:

Rachel Kate said...

YES! Thank you Symon... and yes, Jon does talk! Ive never seen him so animated but I tell you last night he sure used up his day's worth of words and more...

kristy said...

Hahaha

Botox Prescription Information said...

My name is Diana Lee and i would like to show you my personal experience with Botox.

I have suffered with migraines and neck pain for many years. Botox has given me my life back. I have arthritis in my neck and Botox is the ONLY thing that has given me relief.

Side Effects-
None…miracle drug

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Diana Lee