Fab Father's Day

A week late I know. Forgive me.

I love Father's Day. It's kinda like another birthday for grownups. One of our family rituals is that on birthday's and mother's/father's days everyone piles into our bed (queen sized with 6 people equals soft sardine can), presents are opened, thankyou's and prayers are said, group hugs are given... it's good times!

Having said that, being woken at 6am by kids jumping on my gut and being genuinely enthusiastic (while mostly asleep) when handed homemade cards and playcentre sand/glue creations is quite a challenge!

I wouldn't have it any other way. I love being a dad.

My pressies this year? 'Me myself and Bob' autobiography by Veggietales creator Phil Vischer, and 'Sinner', the new novel by by Ted Dekker. Life is good, indeed it is. (Wouldn't have minded a hand grenade though ;-)

Thanks wife and kids for being so amazing. I wouldn't want to be in any other family!

2 comments:

Jon Dylan said...

Hahaha a hand grenade, you legend! Looking forward to your preaching tonight.

Rachel Kate said...

preaching was great! jon u wernt there u noob :) i must say, getting a hand grenade for a present would be quite something...