I'm an oxymoron

A few months ago I wrote a very brief post about adulthood here. Today is the continuing bittersweet story of my internal struggle with being an oxymoron (please note the 'oxy' in front of 'moron'). What is an oxymoron you ask? Wikipedia's definition below...

"An oxymoron is a figure of speech that combines two normally contradictory terms terms."

My oxymoronism has a name. I am a kidult. What is a kidult you ask? Wikipedia's definition below...

"A kidult is a "grown-up" person who enjoys being a part of youth culture and doing things that are usually thought as more suitable for children."

Feel my pain...

I know I'm all grown up because...

My radio station of preferace is 'Talkback ZB'.

I actually enjoy watching Parlament TV.

The 17-year-old I was talking to this morning didn't have any idea what a flannelgraph is.

I have no idea who Hannah Montana is.

Haircuts now include eyebrows and nosehairs.

On the otherhand, I know I'm still youthful because...

Spongebob is still the best thing on TV.

Youthchurch is the church service I look forward to the most.

When people call me Mr. Drake, I look around for my dad.

I can't wait for Christmas so I can play with the kid's new toys.

My preferred clothing is skinny jeans, tee-shirt, chucks, and tighty whiteys (urban dictionary says they're cool anyway).

And so the dilema continues...

13 comments:

kristy said...

You're cute... and I hate the radio always being on the talk back station in the car!

Symon said...

Come on Paisley. How come talkback is always on after you've used the car? And why don't I just say that to you out loud now? You are right beside me. Perhaps I will...

kristy said...

Okay - let's just go and have a domestic online while we are sitting next to each other in reality then!!! You tell me why it's always on that station... no I'll tell you...cause the cd players not working and our car only gets about 2 radio stations.

Symon said...

Looks like I'm camping in the louge tonight then. I can watch Parliment TV all night!

Symon said...

Do you want to join me? It's no fun when you can't share the experience ;-(

Neen said...

Sheesh you guys!

Lillian Gish said...

hahahaha i love it! we officially have the best youth pastors in town...

Hannah Montana said...

Tighty whiteys? I thort u were a boxers man!

Symon said...

Was (past tense). You can't wear boxers with skinny's. Relevance with compromise ;-)

Lillian Gish said...

hahaha oh the issues of men. gotta love em

Fifi said...

The dictionary says Tighty whitys are cool?? Is the dictionary really allowed to be the judge of coolness?? I'd say only when playing scrabble.

Lillian Gish said...

nicely said feef!

Dr. Lizzle said...

You're such a champ, what a slammin post!
Dan's gonna crack up and shout "IN YOUR FACE" when I tell him about Talkback being your station of preference (he has just discovered it is one of the finest loves in his life)