MacGyver Mice

I love mice. As a kid I had many as pets, until I progressed to rats.

I don't know how people can be scared of them. They are cute and cuddly, not 8-legged and creepy. I was speaking at a camp earlier on in the year and was rudely interupted by one of my leaders freaking out because she saw a mouse. I thought ladies just did that in the movies.

Wild mice, while still cute, are an annoyance, especially when they are thriving in my shed. I set three traps last night and was quite excited (as were the boys) to see the carnage this morning. We were bitterly dissappointed. All the cheese was gone, and the traps hadn't been set off. The wierd thing was that I had tied the cheese to the traps! The culprits must be MacGyver fans ;-)

I will not be defeated. Be assured that I will do research and will be building the mouse trap from nam. In the meantime, have a look at a mouse problem of Biblical proportions.


12 comments:

kristy said...

Can't believe you want to get the kids pet mice... should just catch the shed mice for them.

mypasswordisnogood said...

that's sick

jacksta said...

Cracks me up that you guys communicate via posting comments and still see each other 24/7
he he

Fifi said...

Mice are scary...you've seen what they dud to them pigs!

Symon said...

Fifi, you do realise you were the woman in my story...

Jacksta, Paisley Jade and I just can't get enough of each other!

Rachel Kate said...

awww that's so cute! but better than them NOT talking! tehe kate :) sorry i have to laugh. and symz, i will pay you back for my pic. you wait, it's coming...

Rachel Kate said...

oh yeah and great post - keep them coming

Fifi said...

Yes I realise that I am the one who is frowned upon in this story, but do you blame me?! They ATE the pig!! Was I the only one who watched the video???! People. Come on.

Symon said...

Fifi, I bet you would eat a pig too if you were starving to death. Remember mice don't have the ability to cook, or use utensils. Did you stand on your chair that day? I can't remember ;-)

Fifi said...

It was ironic how on that day, I was wearing a big girls blouse type dress...and screamed like a girl..and I was trying to get off the floor..it's all a blurr from there. I think that mice CAN cook AND use utensils...they're called TEETH.

Rachel Kate said...

hahahahahahahahha
ahahahahaha
i just remembered kate and the other girls and their antics....

Rachel Kate said...

yup i know, wedgie coming my way next time you see me kate :) but it's worth it!