Retro TV: Jamie & the Magic Torch

It's about time I wrote another retro TV post. Tonight you get to hear about the first cartoon show I ever remember watching... Jamie and the Magic Torch.

'Magic Torch' screened from 1977 to 1979 (I don't remember any re-runs). The show was based around a young boy and his torch (funny that). When shone on the floor, the torch opened up a hole into a fun dimension called Cuckoo Land.

The makers of the cartoon must have been doing some serious psychedelic drugs at the time. As Youtube reveals, it was very bizarre (perhaps the influence it had on my impressionable 3 year old mind explains my slightly random personality today).

If you are bored silly, and have nothing better to do for ten minutes, you can watch a full episode below. Ahhh the happy memories. Youtube is a nostalgic's best friend!

1 comments:

lesmondj said...

I don't remember much about what went on in the shows either but I really remember wanting a torch like Jamies...sooooo cool.