The Revenge of the Rodents

Continuing with my recent mouse theme...

Over the last few days a horrible smell developed in our kitchen (no, it wasn't my wife's cooking). I have inherited a rather strong sence of smell from my dad, and so went to work trying to find the source.

Two days of frustration, and a sheet of jib off the kitchen wall later... and the mystery was no closer to being solved.

Disturbing clue: It seemed as though every time we used the oven, the smell would worsen.

I checked in the oven... nothing (told you it wasn't my wife's cooking).
I checked behind the oven... nothing.
I checked under the stove... nothing.

In desperation my trusty nose and I reconnoitered every inaginable nook and cranny off the oven... Bingo (or should I say Oh-no. I gag easy).

I disassembled the glass top of the stove (not an easy feat), and discovered one dead mouse... one dead rotten, smelly mouse who had either...

a. electrocuted itself
b. got stuck and starved to death
c. died of old age
d. or all of the above

I believe the correct answer is 'd', and I'll tell you why. Seeking revenge on Burton for capturing (and therefore humiliating) it's great-grandchild in the 'mouser arrest', and knowing it was nearing the end of its life, the mouse went on a hunger strike, became thin enough to crawl into the tiniest and hard-to-access places of the oven, wedged itself under the element wiring, and waited for someone to cook some pasta.

Rodent's revenge.

4 comments:

Rachel Kate said...

hahahaha i love it! so that just proves it, you should have killed that great grandchild mouse when you had the chance...

Jon Dylan said...

haha love your posts spyro! what a legend of a mouse if he did, in fact do all of the above. Let's just hope he doesn't have relatives...

Rachel Kate said...

oh he will have... in abundance... all eager to prove to their great grandad that venegence belongs to the mouse (Spyro ch5. vs. 3)

banban designs said...

Yuck...stinky....we had a mouse in the house awhile back that we couldn't catch (and stupid cat didn't even try) but I've been waiting for "that smell" which hasn't come so I'm hoping it found it's way outside!