I like your sleeves... they're real big.

Watched Napoleon Dynamite again the other night. It just keeps gettin better! I thought, seeing as I haven't posted for a few days, I would grace you with my favourite top ten ND quotes. Here they are in rough chronological order...

1. Ever take it off any sweet jumps? (Napoleon to Pedro)

2. Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter. (Kip to Napoleon)

3. You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bow-staff. (Napoleon to Pedro)

4. I see you’re drinking 1%. Is that cause you think you’re fat? Cause you’re not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to. (Napoleon to Deb)

5. Well, I have all your equipment in my locker. You should probably come get it cause I can't fit my nunchucks in there anymore. (Napoleon to Deb)

6. You know, like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills. (Napoleon to Pedro)

7. Do the chickens have large talons? (Napoleon Dynamite to the chicken guy)

8. Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache. (Napoleon to Pedro)

9. Yeah, it looks pretty sweet. It looks awesome. That suit, it's... it's incredible. (Napoleon to Pedro)

10. I like your sleeves. They’re real big. (Napoleon to Deb)


4 comments:

Lillian Gish said...

HAHAHA Symz you legend! Must watch that again sometime... What a classic

Neen said...

Some of my faves:

"Tina you fat lard, come get some ham!" - Napleon to Tina the Llama

"I caught you a delicious bass" - Napoleon to Deb

"I will build her a cake or something" - Pedro to Napoleon

"But my lips hurt real bad!" - Napoleon to Pedro

"Just tell them that if they vote for you, all of their wildest dreams will come true." - Napleon to Pedro

"Are you guys like having a killer time?" - Napleon to Deb and Pedro

Lillian Gish said...

haha neen yup those r good too!

Mike Dellosso said...

Symon, I've been having a blast reading through your blog. Great stuff! My wife says you're the NZ version of me . . . or I'm the USA version of you, whatever. I was born in the 70's, love the 80's, love Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and . . . Naploean Dynamite (I, too, have watched it numerous times and it just keeps getting better).

My favorite quote? Uncle Rico to Kip: You might as well do somethin' while you're doin' nothin'. Oh, the wisdom of Uncle Rico.

Seriously, we have so much in common it's a little creepy.

By the way, what does "gutting" and "burn" mean in NZ? Not terms we use here in the states. (mjdellosso@juno.com)