I stole my own daughter

A funny thing happend to me while I was in the Spotlight store the other day. Spotlight (for you lucky people who have never been to one) is a huge craft and fabric shop that I'm certain was designed to teach husbands how to love their wives like Christ loved the Church.

I was enduring Spotlight with wife and my four kids, when my youngest daughter (4 months off 2 years old) decided to run around the store and disrupt the serene atmosphere. While Pasiley Jade was in 'laa laa land' caressing all the fabrics (why do women have to touch everything they see in shops?) I scooped up my runaway daughter and saved the day.

Then my adroable little daughter spoke, or rather screamed one word, over and over again.

HELP!

We still don't know where she learned the word (perhaps from Kid's Against Crime?), but all of a sudden there I was restraining my own daughter, looking like a childnapper. If Paisley Jade hadn't come to my rescue, and validated that she was really my daughter... I don't know what would have happened.

Goodtimes.

6 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

hahaha - that was the funniest moment I have ever had in a store with you! Must go to Spotlight again sometime together!

Fifi said...

lol! Maybe you forgot to put deodorant on that day, and now she can finally express herself about it.

Hannah Montana said...

We still don't know where she learned the word from (perhaps Kids in the way) but all of a sudden there I was restraining my bad temper, looking like i'd just caught a snapper...

Patrick said...

Hannah there is only two words for you.... yup you know it: _ _ _ _ Truffles

Patrick said...

and this post definitely made my day symz :) what you guys go through as parents is unbelievable! was this before or after you boys cooked dinner for Kristy and the girls?

GB said...

Haha. What they come up with!! I remember when Miss four was almost 2 - yelling at a lady in K Mart "Oi you! Get out of my swamp!!" She had seen only a small part of Shrek, but had managed to remember that one line!