The Hunted by Mike Dellosso

A town's deadly secret will drive one man to the edge of his faith. After learning of the disappearance of his nephew, Joe Saunders returns to his childhood home of Dark Hills. With rumors spreading of a rogue lion roaming the woods, he embarks on a mission to learn the truth. As he peels away the layers of Dark Hills, he discovers a secret that has been shrouded for three generations in a deadly code of silence. Will his young faith be strong enough to battle the demonic forces behind it? (Blurb from the back cover)

I read the last quarter of this book last night. Needless to say, it was a late one! As the over-used cliche goes... I just couldn't put it down. If I likened 'Hunted' to another novel, it would have to be Frank Peretti's 'The Oath'. 'Hunted' screams 'Peretti influence' in every chapter.

It's not a bad thing at all. Many Christians love Peretti's style, but draw the line at Dekker. While I actually prefer Dekker, Mike Dellosso is a very pleasant surprise, and an author which I will look foward to reading more of (his next book 'Scream' is coming out March, 2009). As one reviewer said...

Mike Dellosso could very well be the next Frank Peretti-if you liked The Oath and Monster, you are going to love The Hunted. (C.J. Darlington, Cofounder and book editor, Titletrakk.com)

If you love Christian suspense/thrillers with supernatural elements... Get 'Hunted' for your personal library as soon as you can. You won't be dissappointed.

Read the first chapter from Mike Dellosso's site here.

Did I mention it may have a rogue man-eating lion in it? (rings a bell somewhere...)

6 comments:

Jon Dylan said...

Dekker rocks. Will definitely have to check this one out.

I still haven't read any Peretti yet.

Katie said...

Do you have it or did you get it from the library? So keen. Peretti is my hero!

Little Dee said...

I reckon you and Kristy could write a book together, with all your amusing adventures. It would certainly make for a very entertaining read. An autobiography perhaps....

Symon said...

Katie, I bought it from the Christian bookshop. They had a few copies. You can borrow it if you want... Just look after it. (Spine creases are not our friends;-)

Katie said...

would love to borrow it! and would definitely look after it :)

Mike Dellosso said...

Hey Symon, I just found the review you did of my book. Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. If you ever want to do an interview for your blog, drop me an email.

Also, very interesting post about the Alien Big Cats. Love it.

Mike