How to have big guns

Nobody was as surprised as I was to be hailed as the undesputed arm-wrestling champ of Overwhelmed Camp 08. People have been asking what my secret is. Well, here it is in one word...

Kids.

Yep, have kids (make sure you're married first ;-) and make sure you carry them whenever and wherever you can.

For example, Paisley Jade and I took our two lovely daughters to the hospital for ear appointments today... way up on the 5th floor. Little Miss 1.5 decided to make a scene while wife and Miss 4 were in the doctor's room (at least she didn't yell 'Help' this time).

"What would MacGyver do?", I thought at first, but having realised I left my pocket knife at home (for once... seriously), I needed another cunning plan.

Making sure I carried Miss 1.5 in my wrestling arm, I power-walked down 5 flights of stairs to the lower ground floor, wrangled some M&Ms from the vending machine (to pacify baby and relieve stress), and power walked back up to the top floor.

Boy, did I feel the burn in my legs and arm... big time. "Who needs the gym, when you've got four kids?" I smiled to myself as Little miss 1.5 and I quietly shared the M&Ms.

Yet another proof that children are a blessing from the Lord.

10 comments:

Sophie said...

hehe nice!

Georgina Terry said...

Excuse mee... not quite undisputed yet. You didn't even give me an arm wrestle at camp!

Symon said...

Bring it on Georgina. If you are as good at arm wrestling, as you are at wrestling... I really don't have anything to worry about ;-)

PaisleyJade said...

ha - wierd funny guy... you need to work the gun on the left hand side now...

Katie said...

go georgina :) you're my hero hahaha (but i think symz would win)

Symon said...

What, Katie? I'm not your hero too?

Katie said...

well i guess im biast symz sorry :) but i did say you'd win tehe

Georgina Terry said...

there is a vast difference between arm wrestling and wrestling I'll have you know...

Georgina Terry said...

Thanx katie, i'll do my best

GB said...

Hilarious. And so true. After carrying around my heffalumps, my biceps are in great shape - just have to work out how to carry the kids so that the triceps get the same benefit.