The Last Hunt by Mike Dellosso

For those of you who haven't heard of Mike Dellosso, he is the author of the highly acclaimed debut novel 'The Hunted', which you all should read (my review here).

Mike also happens to be a really awesome guy! I subscribed to his free monthly newsletter the other day and was rewarded by being sent a PDF of his short story 'The Last Hunt' which is exclusively available to his subscribers. I can't say that I've read multitudes of short stories in my lifetime, but compared to those I have, 'The Last Hunt' is by far the best (and creepiest).

I won't divulge any of the story, except to say that it includes an isolated hut in the woods, otherworldly screams and...

So, I encourage you to visit Mike's website: www.mikedellosso.com, subscribe to his monthly mailinglist, and to follow his excellent blog: Wide Eyed Fiction.

15 comments:

Katie said...

Can't wait! Thanks Symz...

Mike Dellosso said...

Thanks for the mention, Symon! Great graphic.

And just to sweeten the deal, if you sign up for my newsletter by December 20 I'll be sending out a special short story as a Christmas thank you to all my subscribers. So you get two short stories. Gee, I sound like a used car salesman . . . my apologies :)

Jon Dylan said...

"Scream" coming out early next year is sounding pretty awesome. Can't wait for that one.

Jon Dylan said...

Sym, if you want more replies, turn off comment moderation. It's a total put off to leaving comments IMO. Do you get lots of spam or something? (and no, our riveting comments don't count as spam!)

Symon said...

Done, Jon. If I haven't recieved a multitude of legitimate comments by 7pm tonight... you owe me a chocolate milkshake.

Jon Dylan said...

Only if you put up a good new blog. This one's a day old!

Jon Dylan said...

Have to say though, loving how easy it is to post now!

Katie said...

ahhh bliss. don't have to wait 2hours to see my comment in action. you're a winner symz!

Katie said...

i can't wait to read the short story! i signed up to that newsletter yay

Jon Dylan said...

Post people!! I have a milkshake pending here!

Do we even sell milkshakes at flame cafe??

Katie said...

used to, but not anymore now that the curtis' stopped running the cafe lol

Jon Dylan said...

Just read "The Last Hunt" and it is extremely well written. I love short stories almost as much as novels.

Symon said...

Sounds like Mike Dellosso's kiwi fan base is growing ;-)

Katie said...

yup sure is... was a great short story. the type i would've loved to have studied for bursary english exam but instead had stupid katherine mansfield or whatever her name is lol

Jon Dylan said...

That line "A gaggle of hunters" cracks me up every time I read it, haha.