Angel Of Death?

I was enduring the trailer of Hellboy 2 recently when I saw the disturbing images of a creature with eyes on its wings (on the trailer that is, not in real life ;-). My mind immediately thought about the Bible's description of heavenly creatures in Revelation Chapter 4...

In the center and around the throne were four living beings, each covered with eyes, front and back... Each of these living beings had six wings, and their wings were covered with eyes, inside and out...

After some cyber-digging I discover that the creature in question just happens to be the Angel of Death. Hmmm. I'm not intending on ever seeing the movie, but it makes me wonder...

1. Who, or what is influencing Hollywood's creature creators to imagine such morbid beings?

2. Are these creatures perhaps closer to the truth than we realise?

Food for thought... Comments welcome.

2 comments:

Rhys said...

I find alot of movies are based on stories or descriptions from the bible but unfortunately twisted out of all proportion.
But in saying that where else would you find better ideas for creating mystical beings and monsters.

PaisleyJade said...

Creepy!