I'm okay with crochet

For those of you that follow the world's most amazing wife's blog, you will know that her new found love is (ahem) crochet.

At first I thought that my wife was having a crises of sorts. I mean crocheting? That's what old-fashioned ladies carry in their 2-wheeled-shopping bags. Even the word 'crochet', if pronounced the way it looks is off-putting.

Nevertheless, for the last few weeks, my wife has been crocheting everywhere... in the car, in the bed, at the dog park, probably in the bathroom...

PaisleyJade's womanly wiles have paid off and I have finally come around. I Burton, confess that I'm now okay with crochet. In fact, some (and I emphasise 'some') crochet is actually very cool. Still, most (and I emphasise 'most') crochet is atrocious.

The good...
The bad...

10 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Cheeky!

Rachel Kate said...

well at least paisley's crochet habit is slightly more interesting to talk about then the swine flu epidemic :)

sewfunky said...

hehe!

jacksta said...

sounds like someone really wants a new winter fishing beanie- A woolie crochet one ;)

lesmondj said...

heheh crochet fishing beanie - good one men!

I drink cups of tea said...

Crochet is the craft of champions. And life any hobby, there are projects that make the rest of them look bad. *sigh* I'm glad you came around, cause many husbands are in denial.

Perhaps you should have a look at http://whatnottocrochet.wordpress.com

Katy said...

That's a classic! - i do agree with your good and bad labeling.

Jon Dylan said...

Bring back the snakes-armed-with-pocketknives-and-guns Burton!

Betty said...

another flavour added to Bettys line of mens cologne, "yarn and mothballs" for that manly man that is ok with crochet.

Polka Dot Daze said...

Ha ha! Classic pics!