Narnia and Me

Our Whippet puppy, Narnia, is 7 months old. Although I love her to bits, sometimes I really do wonder if it's worth it. Let me give you a run down on the finer points of life with a Whippet...

1. Narnia was created by God to bring embarrassment to an otherwise happy life.

2. Narnia has almost an acre to herself but insists on visiting the neighbour's properties and inviting herself into their houses.

3. Narnia get super-excited, jumpy and licky when she meets people who hate dogs.

4. Narnia can sit, lie down, speak, shake hands, and come on command... but only if she sees a treat in my hand, and then only when she feels like it.

5. Narnia is just now coming to terms with toilet training.

6. Narnia is in love with our cat Barney.

7. Narnia will jump on the sofa, stand an inch away from my ear, and bark until I play with her.

8. Narnia is a firm believer in the age-old addage, "If it can be chewed, it will be, or I will die trying."

9. Narnia enjoys a bone in the sunshine, tied to the clothesline, until she gets bored and then she will bark continuously until she is brought inside.

10. Narnia's shenanigans have prompted a visit from the SPCA, and a visit from a disgruntled neighbour.

I don't think there is another human being alive who relates to 'Marley and Me' more than me.

9 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

This topic is too raw for me to even comment on...

Rachel Kate said...

ahahaha i'm sure you were warned... :)

Rachel Kate said...

maybe God's trying to build 'character' in you :P

Arna said...

haha. No words can describe.

Ellymay said...

Well B is for Burton, you would get a dog!!

Jon Dylan said...

Instead of adding to the "I told you so" comments, I'm going to go ahead and say... Love the new layout!

Carefui Kid said...

In the words of Devo:

Whippet....Whippet good!

Symon Burton said...

Carefui Kid... How does a youngan like yourself know 'Whip it' from Devo? Were you even born then?

Carefui Kid said...

Hey, the 80's were the best three years of my life.