What's really lurking down the plughole

I had to unblock the bathroom sink the other evening... joy. With the help of a crochet hook borrowed from PaisleyJade (yes, they really are good for something), I was able to pull out what I can only describe as a greeny, slimy, smelly, hairy, stringy goop that had to be seen to be believed. What caused it? Who knows... who wants to know? Which got me thinking...

Does anyone really know what lurks in the pipes under our houses? One recent discovery has been aptly titled 'The sewer monster' (see clip below).



They are saying that the monster is nothing more than masses of Tubifex worms... but I say that is very debatable. If you watch the monster closely, you will notice that it has what looks like a membrane enveloping it, unlike worms, and it is above the water, unlike worms, and it retreats from light as one organism, unlike worms (see clip below).



To conclude, I wonder if what I pulled up out of the plughole was a decomposing 'sewer monster'? My advice is don't get too close to the plughole next time you brush your teeth.

(Why am I thinking about the facehugger from Alien right now?)

5 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Ewwww ewwwww ewwwww! That looks like a giant pimple.

theharridan said...

i am revolted, well and truly. We had a rat living in our toilet at our last flat. Not the same but it was gross. we had to put a brick on the lid to keep him from entering the flat and eating our children in their beds at night.

Jon Dylan said...

It kind of looks like that "Unknown Life Form" footage is from inside a human body. Now that's sick.

Sophie said...

I agree with Kristy - eeeeeeuuuuuuuww. I can't even bear to watch it.

lesmondj said...

haha