Flipper meets The Bourne Identity

Before I begin on the topic at hand, please accept my humble apologies for not blogging in weeks. Family, Ministry, Renovations and having to single-handedly keep the flannelgraph site stocked with reviews (not so subtle hint ;-) is keeping me rather busy these days. But, and dare I say it... the Life and Times of Burton has a new lease of life! and a fresh makeover too.

Anyway. The International Film Festival is coming to town next week, and while most arty-farty films should be avoided like the plague, every once in a while one appears that actually looks intriguing enough to be worth the price of a ticket.

I'm thinking 'The Cove' is one of those films.

While I do think our clean, green 'save the whales and kill those who don't' philosophy has gone overboard (heh - unintentional pun), I do think the slaughter of 23,000 dolphins a year, and selling their often contaminated flesh to unsuspecting citizens is something to take notice of.

At least watch the trailer...

3 comments:

The Cove said...

Please check out the offical site here.

PaisleyJade said...

Interesting movie...

lesmondj said...

Crazyness